Standard bred Sumatras

Is he cubalaya cross? or full sumatra? I like that he has a decent chest on him, nice long neck, but this picture makes his tail angle seem to low. and personally I like a tiny bit more leg, but I seem to be the only one that likes more legs on my birds. Would love to see more pics as he matures and gets more of his tail in.

I just got back from the Sumatra National and APA national in Knoxville TN and I had a great time, I placed BV black BT and LF, BV,RV blue bantams, best AOV LF and BT and Best LF and Bantam Junior Sumatras along with Reaerve BT of the Junior show with a golden Sebright out of over 425+ Junior bantams. I had a great timd

Is he cubalaya cross? or full sumatra? I like that he has a decent chest on him, nice long neck, but this picture makes his tail angle seem to low. and personally I like a tiny bit more leg, but I seem to be the only one that likes more legs on my birds. Would love to see more pics as he matures and gets more of his tail in.
He is full Sumatra, but very inbred.

Congratulations Zach! Troyer, he is still young, unless mine have obvious things i begin to cull for I keep ones that I see potential in till they are fully mature to see if will be used for breeding. I think the hens look best when they are 2 or older

I will try and get my son to take some pics before the weekend and we can maybe discuss toplines and tails. Please post pics. I will also look at the standard and post it, probably friday

Congratulations Zach!

On a different note -
Zach would you be willing to ship sumatra eggs for me to hatch here?

My daughter has officially discovered Bantam Sumatra's and thinks she needs some. I am considering them as a part of her birthday presents in august =).

If by chance any of you are going planning on making any of the shows in Syracuse, Bath, or Rochester NY this year please let me know. I'd love to talk Sumatra with you!

ok so.....

someone raised the question to me recently about a white Sumatra

Of course my daughter being addicted to the Sumatra breed has now decided she needs some.

Any one know of any breeders?

I did read the posts on crossing white phoenix to black sumatras as a project to get the white feathers. Any thoughts on that? I was actually wondering about crossing with a white yokohama also??

I tried to explain to my DD that white Sumatra's are not APA recognized --- her response was if its a Sumatra and its out there She has to have it --- because its a SUMATRA!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom