Standard bred Sumatras

6 month old Sumatra cockerel. His tail is too low for a Sumatra, but he will serve the purpose he was bred for.

thanks and I could ship you some pairs in the late summer early fall or eggs in the spring if you want out of my black pens but I am working on my blues so I won't have any eggs for sale in the spring but possibly older stock in the fall. I am thinking about the Bath show when is it? I know right now I am going to Sussex, Delmarva. Leabon Valley, Central PA club and possibly Lucasville Ohio. I will for sure be attending northeastern poultry congress in Jan of 2016 for I think the ABA national
Edited by zach N houdan - 12/23/14 at 10:52pm

Bath has 2 shows the first weekend in September
WNY poultry show is on Saturday
Twin Tiers is on Sunday

Both are APA recognized.

Last edited:
Anyone here go to the poultry congress in MA this weekend? There weren't a whole lot of Sumatras, 6 showing. I won BV and BB with my blue cock

What is everyone hoping to work on in their birds this year? Anyone have plans for a few spring shows?

I'm going to hatch as many as possible this year, hopefully 3 hatches of at least 20 so I can cull harder than I have for the lady hopple of years. I hope to go to Delmarva and a couple others around New England

I have missed you all so much!

I had a lovely round of mishaps that made it so I couldn't log in for months....
Computer died, no money to replace due to a financial emergency
Had to cancel Internet at home and cell service by of same financial emergency.
Not able to access BYC from work during lunch anymore be they changed our security protocols

Just got everything back up and running this weekend.... Thank God for tax refunds!

On a very sad note... My daughters LF blue Sumatra rooster was dead in his pen this morning. I can find no sign of trauma and he was in fine form yesterday when we were doing chores. We are looking to replace him if anyone has eggs or even young stock for sale. I know it's earlyish for birds in some areas

Sorry to hear about the bad luck. Glad you are now back to being able to get back on. You might try Mr. Tom Kernan for a male. Hope you have great luck in finding a male and hatching some eggs.

Back
Top Bottom