standard frizzle cochins

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by The Harvest Moon Chicken, Apr 15, 2007.

1. The Harvest Moon Chicken

The Harvest Moon Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2007
    Southern California
    someone else asked this, and now it is going to bug me:

Do frizzle cochins come in standard, because the only ones they could find were bantam, and I have been looking on google and cant find any standards, but I feel like there should be, after all frizzle is just a mutation right? So it seems like they should appear in standards. Is it just rare? [​IMG]

2. Crazy Chicken Fever

Crazy Chicken Fever Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Capac
    Yes, I have a standard frizzled blue cochin rooster. I have some really nice hens on their way and soon I will have standard frizzles in the bator.

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Pretty sure there are standard/LF frizzle cochins. There are frizzled Tolbunt Polish after all, and those are both standard size and pretty rare. . . The frizzling gene has already been introduced to standard Ameraucanas, Naked Necks, Polish, etc. [​IMG]

4. DANNY

DANNY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA
    Dave Schwartz has Frizzled largefowl.

5. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Some of my frizzle roos covered my standard hens and now i have standard frizzles running around here also

Hers a slw and frizzle cross, he is much bigger now
    [​IMG]
    This is a Partrage cochin and frizzle cross, he is much prettyer now i need to update the photos
    [​IMG]

6. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I have a couple standard frizzle cochins too. They're from ILOVEFRIZZLES eggs. [​IMG] Mine are all black, but I have a splash roo so I'm going to make some big blue ones soon. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by