Standard Mille Fleur?

jeremy

CA Royal Blues
13 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Oakland, CA
I'm looking for a bird that has the Mille Fleur color pattern, but that's standard size. Are there any out there?

It doesn't have to be purebred, just as long as it's coloration is good.

Anybody with the bird that fits my description?

Last edited by a moderator:
Speckled sussex are mille fleur color pattern. Lots of breeds call it a different name, but that doesn't change the genes involved to make it that pattern. I'm not aware of any large fowl mille cochins. Is someone working on developing them?

We're working on mille fleur orps.

Quote:
There is a large difference between spangled and MF, and SS are Spangled. There are Spangled and MF OEGBs are they look completely different. Equibling has MF Cochins

Speckled Sussex are eb/Mo.Mille Fleur is eb/Co/Mo.That,s the reson SS roo is black breasted and if is red on chest it is leakage from Mahogany

Last edited:
Quote:
I just sent you a PM about Lav Orps, l0l, how are the Mille Fleur Orpingtons coming along?

Sand Hill Preservation Center has Mille Fleur Leghorns -- I've got some ordered. There are several people working on Mille Fleur projects of one kind or another. I'm hoping to start on Mille Fleur Faverolles, but it's going to take a few years to get them right, I know (probably quite a few years!).

Kathleen

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom