Standard Old English Games

Pics
I bought fifteen baby chicks from cackle hatchery. They are six weeks old now. Five of the chicks were unsexed silver duck wing old English game fowl. Eight of the chicks were female Brown Leghorn's. And two were male Brown Leghorn. When I received the order there were actually eighteen chicks. They sent three extras. At first I couldn't tell which the silver duck wings were and which were the Brown Leghorn's. They all looked alike to me. I can now tell which are the silver duck wings, and which are the Brown Leghorn's. And it is obvious which the two Brown Leghorn roosters are. But I cannot tell if any of the silver duck wings are roosters or hens. They all look alike to me except for one which has a little more black color in it. I am anxious to know if I got any roosters. My question is how long it will take before I can tell the difference. Is there anyone here who can provide me with an answer?

Last edited:
Will be waiting.

I also have some shipped game fowl eggs I started incubating on July 6. There are 6 Miner Blue eggs, 2 Doc Robinson eggs, 2 Radiopullet eggs, 1 Racey Mug egg, and 1 Bacon Warhorse egg. Today is day 16, and I just finished candling them. It is looking good for most of them. I can't be sure about some of them because of their darker colored egg shells, so I left them all in the incubator. I actually visualized moving embryos in some of the ones with light colored egg shells, others look well developed. Only two days to go till lock down. I'm hoping for a good hatch this time. :)

Good luck on your hatch. Make certain your brooder has lots of space by 2 weeks. I like chicks so do some flying about to aid with muscle and bone development. Consider doing some training. I have had some real fun training games. Somebody else needs to do it so I do not look so bad.

Good luck on your hatch. Make certain your brooder has lots of space by 2 weeks. I like chicks so do some flying about to aid with muscle and bone development. Consider doing some training. I have had some real fun training games. Somebody else needs to do it so I do not look so bad.

I haven't got a clue how to train. I'm brand new. I do have a book though that supposedly I can learn from. :) Maybe now that I know you guys are here I can get some pointers over time. I'm just doing this as a hobby. My father used to tell me stories though!

Back
Top Bottom