Standard VS bantam (crowing).....again

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by IwannaBEaMERMAID, Jan 20, 2010.

1. IwannaBEaMERMAID

IwannaBEaMERMAID Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2009
    Beverly Hills, CA
    are bantams quieter than a standard in the crowing area, and if i keep him in a crate for the night and let him out in the morning, will he still fertilize my girls *first chicken timer* . I personally have neevverr heard him crow, but my dad and sister say he crows loud, but i think it a noise that he makes...like a one tone long quiet crow

2. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    when i had my 4 banty roo's they all crowed before my standards and a lot louder. they were down right annoying right from the get-go.

3. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I have a belgian antwerp banty roo, not loud, doesn't crow all day either

4. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    The banty roos that I have had sounded a bit like a wind up toy....could still be irritating though. Even if they werent quite as loud.

5. GraceAK

GraceAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Eagle River, AK
    I have a standard that isn't very loud at all. I think it just depends on the roo.

Mr. Bill's crow sounds like a scream, though. He should start a metal band. [​IMG]

6. silkydragon

silkydragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2009
    ohio valley
    my banty roos are alot louder then my standards ive been leaving a heating lamp on all night in the coop for the babys i have and they dont just crow all day but all night too i think at night they may just be snoring so loud i can hear them on my second floor from the coop at the end of our driveway

7. Chickiemama1010

Chickiemama1010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Sullivan
    I have a standard roo that crows all the time. Sometimes even in the middle of the night if headlights shine thru the window in the coop. I also have bantam HENS and one of them crows and is constantly noisy and grumbling. I think the crow and noise is not dependent on the breed or size, but the individual bird

8. thechickenwife

thechickenwife Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2009
    I have a video with my neighbors bantam crowing and then mine crowing. Her rooster crows way louder and kinda crazy compaired to mine. I'll post it tomorrow.

9. thechickenwife

thechickenwife Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2009
    [​IMG]

10. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I had a standard ameraucana roo whose crow carried really far and was pretty loud. I now have two Bantam Salmon faverolles and I find their crows are much quiter and more tolerable then his ever was and to me it doesn't sound squeaky or anoying really just like a minature more quite standard rooster.

Henry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by