Standard VS bantam (crowing).....again

IwannaBEaMERMAID

Songster
10 Years
Oct 28, 2009
Beverly Hills, CA
are bantams quieter than a standard in the crowing area, and if i keep him in a crate for the night and let him out in the morning, will he still fertilize my girls *first chicken timer* . I personally have neevverr heard him crow, but my dad and sister say he crows loud, but i think it a noise that he makes...like a one tone long quiet crow

when i had my 4 banty roo's they all crowed before my standards and a lot louder. they were down right annoying right from the get-go.

The banty roos that I have had sounded a bit like a wind up toy....could still be irritating though. Even if they werent quite as loud.

I have a standard that isn't very loud at all. I think it just depends on the roo.

Mr. Bill's crow sounds like a scream, though. He should start a metal band.
big_smile.png

my banty roos are alot louder then my standards ive been leaving a heating lamp on all night in the coop for the babys i have and they dont just crow all day but all night too i think at night they may just be snoring so loud i can hear them on my second floor from the coop at the end of our driveway

I have a standard roo that crows all the time. Sometimes even in the middle of the night if headlights shine thru the window in the coop. I also have bantam HENS and one of them crows and is constantly noisy and grumbling. I think the crow and noise is not dependent on the breed or size, but the individual bird

I have a video with my neighbors bantam crowing and then mine crowing. Her rooster crows way louder and kinda crazy compaired to mine. I'll post it tomorrow.

I had a standard ameraucana roo whose crow carried really far and was pretty loud. I now have two Bantam Salmon faverolles and I find their crows are much quiter and more tolerable then his ever was and to me it doesn't sound squeaky or anoying really just like a minature more quite standard rooster.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom