Star Quilt ?

Acre of Blessings

Canning/Sewing Addict
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Axton, VA
I am looking to find a online video tutorial on how to put one of these together. I would like to begin working on this in January as I already have the fabric that I would like to use. If you can find any info. online that would be great..........

http://jwilson.coe.uga.edu/quiltwebsite/texasstar.html

i have literally given myself a headache trying to figure out how to do this simple looking pattern
barnie.gif

Last edited:
That will be pretty complicated, with all the bias pieces that stretch. I did one once, but it doesn't lay flat in the center like it should. See? Mine was done all by hand, but I think I could do it better now. It is a neat design!
DCP_3105.jpg

Do you have the pattern instructions for the quilt? I love the colors you used. I am going to use dark & light greens, blues & maroons. And then finish it off with whites as you did.

You have to make your color plan and know which color goes after which color and keep the plan in front of you (write it down). And then you make large sections of diamonds and put them together. It can get confusing if you don't have your color order written down. You can make strips, sew them together in order, then cut them on the diagonal to make the diamonds.

That was made years ago and I don't have any pattern for it. Got it out of a quilt magazine.

No, not paper pieced. Would be better if it had been, I bet. Made it for my mother in colors she liked and I don't know that she ever used it. This year, my dad gave it back to me since I asked for it (he's getting affairs in order). Mom has been dead 10 years now and I made it a couple years before she died so it's 12 years old.

Wow, speckledhen! That is beautiful!!! I've never tried anything like it. I just do "crazy quilts" and simple blocked quilts. I can't imagine doing all of that by hand!

Thank you. I just saw one in the quilt shop in town made with watercolor-like batiks. It was just stunning! Maybe one day, I'll get up the nerve to try it again, now that I've learned to piece by machine. I had quit quilting due to tingling and numb fingers, but some awesome friends of mine got me back in the game by gifting me with a sweet little Brother computerized machine.

I believe Jan Krenz is the author of a book, and has a video .... I'm at work, not at home, so I can't go check my library.

Actually, ya know what .... I tape recorded all the Simply Quilts episodes, and I am quite sure I have her on one, showing how she does it! Yea, I'm sure I do. It is on VHS tape, and I could copy it for you if you would like.

Back
Top Bottom