STAR WARS!!!!

WHAT SIDE ARE YOU ON? CHOOSE WISELY.......

• REBELLION (JEDI)

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • EMPIRE (SITH)

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • I'M JUST AN INNOCENT BYSTANDER

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
Pics

MissNutmeg

Crossing the Road
7 Years
Jan 18, 2017
Middle Earth
My Coop
My Coop
I thought to make a poll, just to see how it turns out... HAVE FUN!

And yes, we could chat about anything STAR WARS! I know there is already a thread out there for that but, it kind of seems-uh-well dead.

WHO'S EXCITED ABOUT THE LAST JEDI??????

Hello and welcome! I have never seen the holiday special hmmm. I didn't know it even existed!!! :eek::ya
In the dark, dark days of the 1970's the TV landscape, variety shows ruled the day. Star Wars was the new hot thing, so why not fuse the two?

So, in Nov. 1978 they aired this piece of crap starring Bea Arthur, Harvey Kormann, and aging Art Carney, music by Dianne Carroll and The Jefferson Starship. Also guest starring several Star Wars cast members.

The 'plot' involves getting Chewbacca home in time for "Life Day" ... the first half hour or so is centered around his nervous family at home. Wife Mala, son Lumpy, and father Itchy. There is, for that first half hour or so, NO DIALOGUE. Only wookie grunts.

Some hapless individual - who has long since gone into hiding - RECORDED this on one of the primitive VCRs we had back in the day an now countless generations will suffer its existence. Had VCRs not been invented yet, this whole affair would've faded entirely from memory.

Huh, interesting!
My friends and I would gather to watch a bootleg of it every year. The best versions are the ones that still have the network's commercials in them ... like a time capsule! I think the best version has the NY metro area commercials. "Fighting the Frizzies, Tonight at Eleven" comes from this.

Anyway, the only way to get through the experience is for everyone in the room to have a free 'fast forward' to use to fast forward through a section that is just too painful to watch. Someone, the designated 'anchor' must save theirs to be able to fast forward though Carrie Fisher singing near the end. You can bang out the two hour special in forty minutes this way and everyone shares the traumatic experience together.

Back
Top Bottom