Starlight Green Eggers?

a0ea2288-c044-4091-9296-6ebd65999f96-jpeg.2290161

I assumed I got starlight green eggers from TSC. They were in the assorted color bin.

all of them are dark red with some black and brown.

this is the rooster.

not sure if it’s a totally different breed.
View attachment 2290162
They are Rhode Island Reds, and I see a White Leghorn (the white pullet).

Bought 3 new chicks today to add to the dozen we bought 3 days ago. The breed name listed on the pen they were in at the farm store was "Starlight Green Egger". Since I am looking for colorful egg layers, I am excited about these 3! But when I got home and Googled the breed to see what the grown chickens and their eggs look like, I found only one photo showing a brown hen and one photo of chicks, all yellow or light brown in color. The chicks I purchased are all black and white/cream and I'm thinking maybe they were mislabeled? The only thing I can find that looks close are black copper marans chicks, which I would be absolutely thrilled to have, but I'm not sure that's what they are, either. Can anyone help identify them?
How did your chicks turn out? We just picked up five Starlight Green Eggers from TSC, and we have one that is tiny and looks like yours. She nestles under our Cuckooo Marans. All three of these chicks were in the bin labeled Starlight Green Egger Pullet, but one looks like an Australorp bantam and another looks like a Mille Fleur. We have another like the millie-look-a-like. Im curious to know if your chicks turned out to be green-eggers after all.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom