start of my first meat bird experience

You have my dream life!!!
lol...I'll be living in a van down by the river in a few months because of not just chicken math, but everything math....
big_smile.png
. Thanks for looking in here! I was going to reply to your post above about the rabbits, but since you didn't quote me or ask me anything and I am trying to be strong....I pretended to ignore it....
lau.gif

This has been the greatest of help to me the most informative yet love your work and pics I have raised most of the animals that you are doing but I did it the hard way wish I had this thread ten years ago keep up the good work bro cheers from Australia
Thanks! Too kind though! I pray everyone that reads this thread reads lots of others too!!!....
big_smile.png
. Seems most don't like to give them corn with their formulated feed or if they do, just at the end....where I gave it to mine most of the way. I didn't do a 24 hours on or a 12 hours on/12 off feed schedule either. ...just lots of ways to do things, I guess. I don't have a person to ask any of this stuff I'm learning in person. I have relied on the internet and books for every bit of it and am very thankful for all who takes the time to post! Thanks for looking in here!

You are going to be so glad to have all those birds in the freezer!!! I have been reading your thread and you are doing a great job. Its great of you to share your experience will all of us. I always enjoy seeing the pictures as well.

What is your reasoning for keeping them separate?
Well, for one I knew I would like to watch them in seperate groups....not a great reason, but is a reason because of the way I am....
big_smile.png
. I wanted to play with feeding them and thought I could do that easier seperate. I fed the CX a tad more than the Rangers. Not knowing what to except from either one for sure, I just planned on always having them seperate to really see who did and needs what. I came into this thinking the CX wouldn't want any grass and the Rangers would. I thought that the CX were generally just were going to be a mess from all angles to have and I wanted to really watch them close. I figured the RR's would be running all over the CX as they waddled around on their chests. I thought the CX weren't bad at all to have. I orginally planned on just having 6 CX this first year, but kept given in to chicken math,,,,lol. I was pretty sure I could only budget one tractor in like I wanted to build, so it made since to me just to throw the Rangers in it. I didn't feel the CX being in there was a good thing as far as space after I got things going. Just lots of little reasons. I'll always have mine seperated with the way I am, but I think mine could of been kept together maybe if there was plenty of feeder space and such. I don't know for sure because I didn;t do it...
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom