Start Over with Corid Dosing? Dose Others?

khind

Crowing
9 Years
Jul 16, 2014
Norman, OK, USA
I dosed my chicks with a 1st round of Corid (for 4 days), & my lethargic chick perked up quickly, & others are well. I missed the 2nd round - I was supposed to dose again 2 days ago (for 3 days). I just now changed their water to treated water, at 10:30 a.m. here. It occurred to me because I found this chick stool while cleaning just a while ago. I don't know if that's simply intestinal shedding or something else... everyone is acting fine, for what it's worth.
I Question whether I need to start the protocol over again (4 days & then 3, two weeks later), or if I should just make this round two.
They've been on medicated feed all along. 7.5 wks old.
**AND today, of course,🙄 is the day they're moving into their coop, which is separated by the adult flock with a screen.
So... my other Question is, is it ok to only dose the littles, or do I need to now dose the adults as well? They have not been in the adults' yard for 3 days, so I'm thinking the adults at the moment are fine, but...? And if I do dose the adults, do they get 2 rounds? 🤐

Attachments

• 20210701_104539.jpg
    20210701_104539.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 8
I dosed my chicks with a 1st round of Corid (for 4 days), & my lethargic chick perked up quickly, & others are well. I missed the 2nd round - I was supposed to dose again 2 days ago (for 3 days)

I Question whether I need to start the protocol over again (4 days & then 3, two weeks later), or if I should just make this round two.
They've been on medicated feed all along. 7.5 wks old.
Looks like intestinal shedding.

What is the dosing that you are using? 4 days on and then 3?

Looks like intestinal shedding.

What is the dosing that you are using? 4 days on and then 3?
Yes, that's what I thought upon second look.
9.5 cc/ gallon water. I've been using the protocol I read from the Chicken Chick: 4 days treated water, then 3 days again two weeks later. She states on her website and book that her vet prescribes this dosing considering the life cycle of this particular organism. I have heard of a different regime here though - I think 7 days straight? I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to look further into it. (Talking to myself.)🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom