Starte/grower kalmback feed and verified non gmo flocker maker

May 6, 2023
I accidentally bought starter/grower for my new chicks. I meant to buy flock maker. Almost same ingredients and quanities. My question is: do I need to transition them to the flock maker or can I just swap it out? Thank you for your knowledge.

I accidentally bought starter/grower for my new chicks. I meant to buy flock maker. Almost same ingredients and quanities. My question is: do I need to transition them to the flock maker or can I just swap it out? Thank you for your knowledge.
I would think you can just swap it out but sometimes a slower transition is better because they can be picky!

Do you have some of the old feed left? I transition feeds when I have about 1/4 of the old bag. I mix in about half of that amount of the new stuff (1/8 bag, IOW). When that's about half gone, I mix in another 1/4 bag of the new stuff. When that's about half gone, I just mix everything all together.

For chicks, I like to keep the form of the feed consistent, ie, all crumble. Pellets are a big change in the size of the pieces.

Back
Top Bottom