Started eggs today! 3/30/12! Hatchalong anyone????

Whats the earliest an egg can pip i just put mine on lockdown this morning and ones already pipped is that possible?

Whats the earliest an egg can pip i just put mine on lockdown this morning and ones already pipped is that possible?

Yeah. Totally possible! Mine usually start on day 19, but I've seen where some people have had pips as early as day 17. I'm jealous! Mine go into lockdown tomorrow, and I'm already staring at them to see if there are any rockers. It's going to be a long week.

Quote:
Yeah. Totally possible! Mine usually start on day 19, but I've seen where some people have had pips as early as day 17. I'm jealous! Mine go into lockdown tomorrow, and I'm already staring at them to see if there are any rockers. It's going to be a long week.
I think i seen 3 others rock. I cant seem to get my humidity past 60 though.

what kind of bator do you have? You can also put filled sponges in the bator for added humidity, but make sure you use warm water.

I am pretty daggone sure that none of the eggs I put in the bator today are gonna hatch... I think they are all quitters! No more eggs for me from WA after this.

Quote:
How's that pip looking this morning? Sponges are good. I'm going to try the cheat sheet method of rolling paper towels in the channels, and placing one paper towel on the mesh to wick up the moisture. I'm waiting till tonight for lockdown. I'm trying to limit the time on high humidity, since there are other eggs in the bator.
Quote: Maybe they'll surprise you! I'll keep my fingers crossed...
That pip was gone today as its all hatched its a barred rock i have another one pipped the humidity is at 70 something. :)

Hooray for your hatchlings! I hope I get pips tomorrow! Lockdown is complete. Now I'm just sitting on my hands, waiting. I candled beforehand. I couldn't see anything through my Maran eggs, so I just have no idea there, but one of the BLRW was kicking, and the other one looked strange. I have no idea what to expect at this point. This has not been a great incubation.

Hooray for your hatchlings! I hope I get pips tomorrow! Lockdown is complete. Now I'm just sitting on my hands, waiting. I candled beforehand. I couldn't see anything through my Maran eggs, so I just have no idea there, but one of the BLRW was kicking, and the other one looked strange. I have no idea what to expect at this point. This has not been a great incubation.
I had a second hatched. A little ee. I have 12 marans i couldnt see in either. I have another pip.

Awesome! How many eggs did you have total again?

My temps have dropped severely now that I've raised the humidity. I don't remember that happening the other times I've hatched. The thermostat appears to be reading differently.

Back
Top Bottom