Started eggs today! 3/30/12! Hatchalong anyone????

Awesome! How many eggs did you have total again?

My temps have dropped severely now that I've raised the humidity. I don't remember that happening the other times I've hatched. The thermostat appears to be reading differently.
I have 24 in the bator i see three that have pipped these eggs came from my pet chicken. It was a mix of eggs but most were marans. My temp dropped it keep going to 102 101 now it dropped to 94. Humiditys at 70. :)

I have 2 rockers!
jumpy.gif

6 babies! Sounds like your hatch is going really well.

My eggs are totally still this morning, even though I stared at them for a good 15 minutes.
big_smile.png
I did get my temps and humidity stable fairly quickly. I added hot water, but I think that since I was incubating totally dry, the raised humidity changed the way the thermostat was gauging the temp slightly.

Don't give up Sharksandguitars. We're only on day 19. I'm glad I work so close to home, so that I can check on mine over lunch break.

Nothing happening with my BR eggs. I'm worried because I had to open this incubator after they had been in lockdown for a day...I had to put some sponges in to get the humidity up. Sure hope they make it.
As long as you didn't have any external pips, there's nothing to worry about. I've opened mine twice to clean the condensation off the window so that I can see inside.

Pandapaws! Look at all your chicks! Your incubator must be pretty noisy by now.

I hope something hatches this week. My daughter is going to be so disappointed if we don't get any chicks out of this batch.

Quote: As long as you didn't have any external pips, there's nothing to worry about. I've opened mine twice to clean the condensation off the window so that I can see inside.

Pandapaws! Look at all your chicks! Your incubator must be pretty noisy by now.

I hope something hatches this week. My daughter is going to be so disappointed if we don't get any chicks out of this batch.
Amazingly it was quiet i moved 5 of the seven. I left the two wetest. :)

Back
Top Bottom