Started eggs today! 3/30/12! Hatchalong anyone????

I set mine the 29th i have 24 im not candaling since i cant see inside the maran eggs any ways but i prolly will only get like 4 chicks to hatch since these are from my pet chicken.

I have 6 eggs left due Friday, down from 16.

I decided to open the early quitter, and sure enough, it was a fully formed teeny tiny chicken with feathers. It wasn't stuck to the shell. I'm not sure why it stopped growing. I really hope those final 6 make it. How many do you have left that you're sure about?

But I have like 50 eggs set ot hatch the following week... and then 30 for the week after that. SO I have 85 eggs incubating currently
clap.gif

Just candled my Barred Rock eggs that are set for lockdown this week, all look good! These are special b/c they are the first eggs from my young Barred Rock trio. Got several batches following this one, but the first one is special!

Lockdown is tomorrow! I'm so excited! I'm little concerned though, because when I candled an egg this morning, it did not look that far along. But I haven't hatched in about 10 months, so maybe I'm remembering wrong? It seemed like last year, by the time I hit day 17, you could practically see the chicks trying to poke through to the air cell. The chicks took up the whole egg. This egg still had some room left. I dunno.. But they are alive, so that can't be bad.

Back
Top Bottom