Started my addition today

Thank you! The old roof was actually two pieces of steel corrugated positioned incorrectly (sideways instead of up and down). When I put them the right way, the length was perfect but needed another piece. I actually got a few pieces of clear pvc corrugated to give them a little sunroof. My coop sits under wooded coverage, so it shouldn't get too hot. We also have decent ventilation in there. I plan to add a gutter and rain barrel too so that I don't have to keep lugging gallons of water up my hill! The coop was on the property when we bought our house. It's been fun using and remodeling it the past few years.

Oh yeah that would be such a great idea for the water! My coop is right outside my door next to the hose but I still like the idea of collecting rainwater for the chickens your way as we have to pay for city water. And I'm sure sky water is better for the chickens than chemical water.

Today's progress!! Doubled the space. About $65 invested into a few pieces of roofing, some hardware, and prefabricated nesting boxes (we got lazy). Not too shabby!

Nice job!
I especially like the way you made the egg box overhang.
Won't that roost going across inhibit your access to the other side of coop?

Nice job!
I especially like the way you made the egg box overhang.
Won't that roost going across inhibit your access to the other side of coop?

Thanks! Those are just temporary roosts until I finish "figuring on" things. Any ideas are welcome. My chickies just needed a bed for the night. And after 6 hours of work today we just wanted pizza, wings and beers. I'm trying to figure a way to put a dropping board under the roosts. But I don't want to clutter things up too much. I like the openness of the space.

First coat of paint on! Used Barn and Fence Paint. Hoping it is mildew/uv resistant like it says!

Painted the floor (for protection against poop and moisture), added some red trim, painted fasteners mottled black. We are almost done!

I love that barn and fence paint. Got mine from Home Depot. Painted my coop and fence with it. It's awesome stuff.

Back
Top Bottom