Started my Chicken Coop this weekend

It looks great!
ya.gif
I LOVE the pics of the birds going up and down the ramp...kinda like models on a catwalk.
lol.png

Not quite finished but it a little closer
big_smile.png

Today I completed the roof, installed the window and got about 1/2 of the painting completed.

CoopApril002.jpg

CoopApril003.jpg

CoopApril004.jpg

CoopApril007.jpg

CoopApril009.jpg

thumbsup.gif
Nice coop R@ndy!
thumbsup.gif

Do you have wire inside your window?
I have the same exact window to use in my new coop, but I wasn't sure about how to put wire on it.

Good job!

Catalina

Yep I put 1" chicken wire on the inside and made a small hole to open and close the window
smile.png

aaronzclark

Your set up looks cool. Do you have and more pics?

Well I finished the main coop yesterday and decided to add a breeding pen and its all ready other than some trim work and painting
smile.png

The run is 12x4 and the coop is 42'x48"

I have 6 Delawares that should start laying in 2 to 3 weeks so I separated them into the breeding pen.

Once they start laying I will move Loui my Cuckoo Maran Rooster over to breed them and once I have 24 eggs I will put them back in the main pen
smile.png

With any luck I should get some good birds from the two

Here are some pics of the progress

CoopApril12028.jpg

CoopApril12030.jpg

CoopApril12036.jpg

CoopApril12037.jpg

CoopApril12038.jpg

CoopApril12040.jpg

CoopApril12042.jpg

CoopApril12043.jpg

CoopApril12044.jpg

CoopApril12046.jpg

Well I have decided to expand and convert part of my 18x24 building into what I'm calling a 3 in1 coop which will give me 2 8x8 coops with each having 8x8 outside separate yards with a 8x8 brooding room attached.

The main building is constructed of concrete block. The wall that splits the building is framed out and will be covered with plywood, the 2 inside dividing walls for the coops will be framed out and covered with 1" chicken wire to separate the 3 inside areas.

The construction of my new coops should make for a fun 3 day weekend
big_smile.png

So here are my plans
big_smile.png

Picture2.png

Back
Top Bottom