1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

started new hatch Cuckoo Maran's

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Linda B central Ar, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Linda B central Ar

Linda B central Ar Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2009
    I was lucky and got 88 Cuckoo Maran's eggs got them started today. Have 2 little giants incubator , put most of the eggs in my better incubator and the rest in the incubator that I had to do a lot of patching on it.
    The lady I got them from gave me a special deal as some of the eggs were old and she didn't remember exactly how old so I put those in the old patched up incubator. She made a point that she wouldn't say for sure that they would hatch. She made sure I knew what I was getting. I was very willing to take the chance.
    The eggs are very dark , I am so pleased, her flock looked really good.
    The gods were smileing on me

2. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Oooh how fun! Lets see some pictures. I just love Marans.

3. mama3chix

mama3chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    [​IMG] good luck with your hatch, keep us informed, and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] from all us addicts!

4. mema2003

mema2003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2008
    Linda B I wish you luck with all your eggs!!! The more the merrier I always say.

5. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Congrats! My sister just set 24 of our black copper maran eggs and 15 black copper eggs from Bev Davis.

6. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Lucky for you. I have become very interested in Marans. Getting about 10 chicks in a few days. Going to play with the breed and see what I can do. Good luck and post some pics when they hatch.

7. Linda B central Ar

Linda B central Ar Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2009
    I don't have a camera that is working and wouldn't know how to post them. Maybe I can get my daughter in law to post some for me , when they hatch, never had Cuckoo Maran's before, saw the pictures of the eggs and fell in love the color impressed my husband and brother in law. later

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by