started on a homemade bator hatcher.

killer

Songster
10 Years
Mar 1, 2009
philadelphia,mississippi
this one is 16 x 16 x 16 inches. got some ideas. might can use a few more. like light placement or ?

24036_bator_1.jpg

24036_bator2.jpg

that's the way it's going to sit. i'm going to put a door on it with a 8 x10 clear window in it i think. and the bottom is cut out where i think i'm going to put on of those rectangle hospital bed pans in it. i hope i can hatch in those with out melting it. it's not set in stone yet. i'm thinking of just hatching in this thing.

Last edited:
What did you put on it? or is it made out of fiber-glass? I would question the smell of what-ever you sealed it with. You won't need much of a heat source for being so small and make sure the door seals well. Good Luck!
HappyHatch'en

acrylic paint will be fine...it looked like rosin from fiberglass....having the satisfaction of building your own bator is very rewarding and educational.
HappyHatch'en

i still like a little more work on it. like figuring out how many air holes and where to put them. I'm thinking of putting the light right in the middle of the back. and the HW thermistat in on the right side in the middle.

i had to just throw it together because my father-in-law showed up with 11/2 doz. of RIR eggs i asked him for about 2 weeks ago. and my LG is full right now. so here is a few pictures. if yall have any ideas. throw them this way because these eggs are going it in the morning if everything look good temp wise.

24036_bator_3.jpg

24036_bator4.jpg

24036_bator_5.jpg

24036_bator_6.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom