Started the new coop today (Nov 06 photos - more progress)

Nugget - we used a 2x12 for the ridge, but because it has a 14' span the dip in the roofline is not as pronounced as yours. It's still pretty but not as extremely cool as yours.

Last edited:
Thanks, but yours dips just enough. My father in law laughed at the idea of building inspectors seeing it (ours, that is) and condemning it! Brand new, and the roof is already sinking haha!

Can't wait to see the final product

Last edited:
Here it is with the shingles installed. We used Forest Green comp shingles with some pre-formed ridge caps.

main.php

The building is totally closed up now. I have to finish trimming the corners and windows, finish sheathing the interior walls, then paint and start building the coop section inside.

The interior coop area will basically be a 10x6 box formed with plywood. 2x6 framing for the ceiling will allow a storage loft above that. Gallery is here http://www.gbdg.net/g2/main.php?g2_itemId=349 - More pics soon.

main.php

greg thanks for all your great photos and wow do I have ideas. I really like how you build the roof on the run.

How big is your run? I could not find were you mentioned the size of it.

Also you initial pics in the gallery menioned a concret pour. What did you pour since it looked like you used peirs and a wood floor. What did I miss.

thanks again.

Barb
wink.png

The run is 8x12, framed with pressure treated fir, wrapped with hardware cloth. The roof is Ondura from Lowes.

We poured concrete piers using sonotube forms. There are a couple pier blocks + 4x4 PT in the middle under the center of the structure and in the rear, which were set in a small base of concrete for stability.

Before winter I'll pour a small pad in front of the door and build stairs, as well as set a couple more pier blocks at the front/center and on the sides - just for stability and support.

Back
Top Bottom