Starter/ Grower, switch to Grower/Finisher

ChamorroChicken

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 29, 2011
I have 6 Pullets a few days from their 9 week birthday and i was wondering if anyone has an opinion whether it was ok to switch to a grower/finisher feed? I use Dumor Feed and I thought that i Had purchased enough of the starter/grower feed to reach 10 weeks but these girls eat like men... almost a full quart every day. Is this alot ? My girls roam around the yard for about 3 hrs a day when they can so they also eat the weeds in the yard too...any thoughts? thanks

Nope not alot i had 14 and they went through 2 plus quarts aday as to the question on switchin feed im there aswell. I have only found starter/ grower and than layer feeds. I went with the starter for 12 weeks and than on the advise of the people at the feed store switched to layer which I have learned since was probably a little early but it depends on who you talk to. Ive been told 8 to 10 switch to layer by some and others will say 18 weeks or when you see the first egg. Good luck Im just leaerning here as I go and thought Id share what I went through. Hope this helps you.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom