Starting 4-H with rabbits!

BoyMom

In the Brooder
Jan 17, 2021
My oldest son who is 5, will be starting 4-H this year and has chosen to show rabbits! We have the opportunity to get a Rabbit (maybe 2) locally from a breeder. The bucks are GTS New Zealand and the does are Chestnut New Zealand. And they have a litter coming around Valentine's Day. What are the characteristics of this breed? Which sex is more mellow? Should you get 2 to keep eachother company? Not looking to make more Rabbits, so I would get 2 of the same sex. Which brings me back to the whole part of having 2. Necessary?
Hope my questions make sense! Thanks for your time!

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Resized_27341562155132.jpeg
    Resized_27341562155132.jpeg
    577 KB · Views: 4
My oldest son who is 5, will be starting 4-H this year and has chosen to show rabbits! We have the opportunity to get a Rabbit (maybe 2) locally from a breeder. The bucks are GTS New Zealand and the does are Chestnut New Zealand. And they have a litter coming around Valentine's Day. What are the characteristics of this breed? Which sex is more mellow? Should you get 2 to keep eachother company? Not looking to make more Rabbits, so I would get 2 of the same sex. Which brings me back to the whole part of having 2. Necessary?
Hope my questions make sense! Thanks for your time!
20201204_10372515.jpg

Back
Top Bottom