Starting a Muscovy Duck Club

Right now Im looking at graphics to make a format. Im trying really hard not to make this look like a girl did it LOL. On my own sites thats not a problem, everyone knows Im a great big girl
lau.gif
Im trying to do this on a marketing stand point and make the Muscovy look like an elegant, and "special" something that people will want. The forbidden fruit, that everyone reaches for. Im going with the Lotus flower, a water plant with allot of color and "mutations" something that reflects the Muscovys unique history, elegance and suppressed nature.

Ya'all see what you get when a girl artist from the 60's volunteers LOL.. OMG are we in trouble now ..

pop.gif
Stay tuned.. its not as bad as it sounds.

What Im going to need and it will save me allot of time if some of you can do this for me, is I need data. I need the history of the breed, however since this is going to be THE Muscovy site, we need history that not everyone has. We need details that really get into more then.. its not a duck. Why isn't it a duck? What is it left over from? what are its extinct relatives? Just where did the Muscovy evolve from, and from what? How did the Comb duck get involved? was that man made or evolution? Lets give the public something they haven't heard befor.

I need clubs and breeders that are good solid refrances for the breed. How do you show them? Who has been showing along time that will allow us to link to them? Can we use their photos or info? Im a blue Orpington shower from way back, but I have never shown a Muscovy. who here has? What can you add to a webpage about showing?

Genetics.. someone needs to get me some info on each color and their varieties so that can be used. The data is really time consuming and I would greatly appreciate someone stepping up to gather this stuff while Im doing the art work. You may need to make a few calls to Universities and get some info that isnt' already on the web. IF we are going to make this a really good go to place, we need to make it worth, going to.

Not Great with Genetics but I can get us the history. Let the Google Search begin
caf.gif

smiley-happy096.gif

Yay! on starting a Muscovy Club! I wanna join!

I also have art to submit... I don't have any really cool colored Muscovy. Mine are just plain white so I hope lots of folks with interesting colors send in submissions too.

MuscovyDrakeDrawing.jpg

Farmgirl.. THAT is a photo I can use. Im not crazy about the fact its already been made into a graphic.. but.. a bit of Monte and I can use that.. its full.. its clear and thats all I need.. wonderful.. and THANK YOU to those that are googling their fingers off..

Quote:
well, unless you create an original peice you can really use someone elses photo... hence artwork. I liked this shot because it shows all the strange and lovely qualities of the bird: the caruncles, the long body and stiff tail, and the pterodactyl claws.
lol.png
Of course, I can go out and snap several full body shots of my boys (I usually take pics of their interesting faces) and post them this weekend. However, while I think my ducks are beeeeuuutiful I know that plain white is kind of boring when so many really awesome colors are available. Love the gypsy faces!

ETA: If I knew of someone locally who had pretty Muscovy I'd take my photography gear out to their place and go crazy!

Last edited:
Quote:
well, unless you create an original peice you can really use someone elses photo... hence artwork. Of course, I can go out and snap several full body shots of my boys (I usually take pics of their interesting faces) and post them this weekend. However, while I think my ducks are beeeeuuutiful I know that plain white is kind of boring when so many really awesome colors are available. Love the gypsy faces!

We can NOT under any circumstances use someone elses art or photos with out permission. If thats not yours.. I can't use it. This is a very hard No no

Back
Top Bottom