starting my run

tav1

Songster
9 Years
Nov 4, 2014
ct.

well it's a start, the 1x3's are just so I could get the 4x4's level across(height wise) to be replaced
with 2x6's top and bottom. I have to add 1 more 4x4 for my door entrance. had to
get the 4x4's in before the ground froze .

for the roof I'm gonna put some 2x4's with brackets and then put up some plastic
corrugated sheets. for the wire I don't want to get to expensive so maybe some
chain link........I plan on buying grown hens 3 to be exact .

and for the coop chicken door i don't have enough room for a upward sliding door(it will hit the window) so i'm
thinking of going side ways I think that will work. if not just a door flap with hinges and bolt lock.

Good plan.
One of my runs is a repurposed chain link dog kennel. It works well for things like dogs and hawks (it's covered). But they still have to be locked in a safe coop at night. Weasels and mink can get through the chain link and possums and coons go through the larger openings around doors.

oh forgot to mention the coop is inside my shed, you can see the door
bottom left just have to cut thru it . I've since enclosed it and ready for
tenants. just got to get the outside done and get this winter over with.

haven't punched thru to make the door yet but this something I thru
together with scrap wood just to see if it worked...yup it does.
so when it's time I just have to tweak it up a little. have to go sideways
cuz there's not room to go up and down .

Last edited:
well that's all the room I have.....but looking at it I kinda agree so I might blow out the
left side and extend it a couple feet more.

UPDATE...... so as of this afternoon I opened the coop up a little more. after looking at it and listening
to what seasoned peeps have to say I decided to take some advise , it should give them more run
to live being 3 hens.......now I really have no more room to give them after this.....lol

from this

to this

thanks glenn

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom