Starting our run build

Great job Crystal. Looks very clean and well built. I do have one recommendation - put in diagonal braces on your doors, or they will sag over time. You can use lumber or steel wire with a turn buckle. If you haven’t done this before, remember to have the top of the brace on the opposite side of the door hinges.

Anyways, keep up the good work!

Great job Crystal. Looks very clean and well built. I do have one recommendation - put in diagonal braces on your doors, or they will sag over time. You can use lumber or steel wire with a turn buckle. If you haven’t done this before, remember to have the top of the brace on the opposite side of the door hinges.

Anyways, keep up the good work!
Great tip! That’s actually on the to-do list. I need to get to it soon.

So glad to be 90% finished with our coop and run. We have an 8x8 shed coop. Our run is 8x16. Still left to do: finish out the soffits and trim on the run, cover the predator apron on side and back, apron against coop inside the run, new step for coop, and add more windows to coop. Is it perfect? No but overall I’m very happy with how it has turned out.
View attachment 3671171

View attachment 3671174
View attachment 3671175
View attachment 3671176
View attachment 3671177
View attachment 3671178
View attachment 3671179
Your run looks amazing! I am also looking to build an 8x16 run, but have been having a hard time finding plans that don't have support in the middle of the run (if that makes sense). Do you by chance have plans for this?

Your run looks amazing! I am also looking to build an 8x16 run, but have been having a hard time finding plans that don't have support in the middle of the run (if that makes sense). Do you by chance have plans for this?
I’m sorry, no I don’t. I just knew what I wanted and we measured and calculated as we went.
I was originally going to build this one, but ended up finding the shed on marketplace and had to adapt to work with it.
https://www.construct101.com/large-chicken-coop-plans-step-step/

Back
Top Bottom