Starting Small...

Canadeggs

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2020
Just joined yesterday and it was suggested to post some pics. Starting small and only a week in but really enjoying it so far. Perhaps we'll grow into a set coop and a large area to free range eventually...but it's just the two of us so 2-3 eggs a day is all we really need.

Ordered a chicken tractor that was advertised for 4 birds, but clearly the run was far too small, even just for our 3, so we built a portable extension. The tractor gets rolled into the shed at night. Just incorporated a cat litter box with dirt and DE for a dust bath on non-rainy days. Being newbies we're always happy to receive suggestions!

Thanks for viewing,

Russell

Attachments

• IMG_20200404_172458.jpg
    IMG_20200404_172458.jpg
    822.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20200404_172517.jpg
    IMG_20200404_172517.jpg
    899.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Thanks, what's chicken math? Is that like sq ft per bird?
Its like when you start out with a set number of chickens you'd like to have, then you see more that you'd like, and well............ they add up! Believe me, it can happen quickly too! That's why its called chicken math! You'll love it! I keep telling myself, no more chickens, I've got enough, then, like I said, you see some more adorable chicks, end of story! :lol:

b.hromada, got it, yes that could very well happen, and if so we have a large extension on the back of our shed that we can turn into a set coop. 5Chicks, thank you, we liked that as well, but who knows, already we're thinking we might outgrow it next year! Ya learn something new every day...'chicken math', hehe.

Back
Top Bottom