Starting that duck house

Pics
Looks good. Watch those type of latches, they sometimes hook closed if you don't keep the snap on the eyelet part and you end up locked in. :) Although come to think of it we have the positions reversed so when the door is pulled shut it causes the swinging part to swing shut. Yours is better. I like those latches too. We use them a lot.

Looks good. Watch those type of latches, they sometimes hook closed if you don't keep the snap on the eyelet part and you end up locked in. :) Although come to think of it we have the positions reversed so when the door is pulled shut it causes the swinging part to swing shut. Yours is better. I like those latches too. We use them a lot.

Been there played that! :lau
Yeah getting locked in is no fun. It took hubs an hour to come looking for me when that happened years ago. I hang the padlocks through the eyes when I open them. This one is inside a locked run so only needs a hook through it. I definitely don't want to get shut in the duck house. With my luck it would be while the ducks are in there and their door is latched from the outside of the house. Poor babies would be trapped with me.....who they STILL think is Godzilla.

I moved the Waddle Tots several hours ago.

They seem happy. The pool ramp has been sorted out by a few. The door into the house has been found. They all went in and have been in there for a couple hours now. I guess they approve. :confused:

I will try and catch a few pics tomorrow while they are milling around.

Wow! It looks wonderful!! :love

(when can you come help me with a coop??)

This one was a pain in the butt. I had to build in between 2 posts that are well set in concrete and work around the run roof supports.
It is DEFINITELY not conventional or perfect. It is however very sturdy and secure.

I still need to do several things but tomorrow is another day.

They have come back out and are hanging out by the pool. I think the will all have it figured out by tomorrow.

So what are you working on? How big is the coop?

Here's my steps. And a look at how much duck muck can accumulate in 5 days.
20200525_182754.jpg

Thanks! I know I need to double up the wire on the chain link, add trim, paint some more, carpet the pool ramp, and more. Are we really ever fully done?
No. It's never done!
Lol. I am forever changing things around. Having to separate certain birds...no telling.

Back
Top Bottom