Starting that duck house

Pics
I would say needle and thread but....the stabbing thing lol.

It was a freak accident really. My thumb got sucked into a 1" hole on a piece of equipment . That spinny thing had a quick and brutal way of saying NO. Like sticking it in a blender on high speed. I have yet to cut myself with a saw of any type.
Ouchie! 🚑🤕

How do things go for you with hammers and blunt force type of tools? I'm like the guy in the movie Evan Almighty with the hammer, so perhaps we can put those tools in your bucket.

I do have a suture kit in the tool box if that helps to know (don't ask why) and it's safely enclosed in a sterile pack so nothing sharp there. ......until I open it.

Ouchie! 🚑🤕

How do things go for you with hammers and blunt force type of tools? I'm like the guy in the movie Evan Almighty with the hammer, so perhaps we can put those tools in your bucket.

I do have a suture kit in the tool box if that helps to know (don't ask why) and it's safely enclosed in a sterile pack so nothing sharp there. ......until I open it.

I am good with hammers.
Truly in 25+ years in industrial manufacturing that was my only injury. After that happened we added finger guards.

And this is why I had to get the duck house done before today.

IMG_20200526_080151.jpg

@Miss Lydia was it you who does a morning patty pick up in the duck house?

I am wondering if you use shavings in there or something else. I can pick up another doggy poo scoop just for the duck house.

I put pine shavings in there and they all seem to like it.
I do and shavings work great for me . I make my shaving thick.

Last edited:
I do and shaving work great for me . I make my shaving thick.

Thanks. I put about 3-4" of shavings in there and this morning it wasn't to bad.

So far that puppy has not shut up today. My son has babied her far to much. She wants carried around. I am not going to do that. His other dog dislikes her. My dogs want to play with her. It will be a " fun" day.

Your coop is looking awesome too I actually showed you thread to some else here who needed to put windows in theirs.

Thanks! I am hoping that bits and pieces of it help others overcome obstacles.

I stapled the wire in place then added the siding. It makes that wire very secure and is easier than fighting it adding screws and washers. The window trim adds even more hardware holding the wire.

Piano hinges are easy to cut and work very well. A 6' piano hinge at home depot is about $15. I didn't have enough this time and chose not to go to the store. The hinges I had on hand interfere with the window closing a tiny bit. I really recommend the piano hinge.

FINALLY!!!!

IMG_20200526_121503.jpg

Back
Top Bottom