Starting that duck house

Pics
This one was a pain in the butt. I had to build in between 2 posts that are well set in concrete and work around the run roof supports.
It is DEFINITELY not conventional or perfect. It is however very sturdy and secure.

I still need to do several things but tomorrow is another day.

They have come back out and are hanging out by the pool. I think the will all have it figured out by tomorrow.

So what are you working on? How big is the coop?
Who says I've started??
I just a have a bucket of tools and lots of ideas. I need people like you who know how to make things happen. Just whatever you do...please don't make me dig holes again. It's a lot rockier here than at your neighbors. :p

Who says I've started??
I just a have a bucket of tools and lots of ideas. I need people like you who know how to make things happen. Just whatever you do...please don't make me dig holes again. It's a lot rockier here than at your neighbors. :p

So I should put a new blade in my saw and bring that?

I have oodles of sketches and graphed out plans too. Soooo many ideas!

;) I bought extra lumber for a garden bench....don't tell hubs. 🤫

One last pic for tonight.....three were in the pool but as I approached I heard the "GODZILLA" cry and they dove out. :rolleyes:

IMG_20200525_203618.jpg
Here is my pool ramp and the beginning of a ducky deck. I am adding some leftover carpet we had from the boat fixing. They can use the ramp but I see their feet slide a bit.
Everyone is now tucked into the house.

Here's my steps. And a look at how much duck muck can accumulate in 5 days. View attachment 2160093

Oh dear!
I think I will make a screen on a stick I can hold over by drain when I clean the pool! Maybe 1/4" hardware cloth in a frame.......🤔 My drain is not on the bottom so yeah I am totally getting one of those dust pans on a stick and a shower squeegee......

So I should put a new blade in my saw and bring that?

I have oodles of sketches and graphed out plans too. Soooo many ideas!

;) I bought extra lumber for a garden bench....don't tell hubs. 🤫
Oh, yes please! Cutty thingys (technical term) would be good. (I have plenty of band-aids)

And guess what, here you will be tripping over feathery bodies while trying to work. Is that ok?? They like to interject their.....um, I mean... they like to help.

Benches? Snappy don't know nuthin' about no benches.

Oh, yes please! Cutty thingys (technical term) would be good. (I have plenty of band-aids)

And guess what, here you will be tripping over feathery bodies while trying to work. Is that ok?? They like to interject their.....um, I mean... they like to help.

Benches? Snappy don't know nuthin' about no benches.

Band aids are good. Might get some gauze pads, lots of Neosporin, and some vet wrap too. I AM missing part of my left thumb from an industrial accident......cutty, spinny things can bite.

My darling birds like to criticize too. :hmm

Band aids are good. Might get some gauze pads, lots of Neosporin, and some vet wrap too. I AM missing part of my left thumb from an industrial accident......cutty, spinny things can bite.

My darling birds like to criticize too. :hmm
**pulls out first aid tool box bigger than herself and digs...**

Lets see....
Telfa pads, economy sized box, ...enough wraps to make a costume for Halloween, ...goey healing stuff,...pretty silver spray,...Oh, and pretty purple spray too! Enough cotton to make a teddy bear, .... a listen to the ticker thump thump thingy,... broomsticks for make shift splints..
Am I forgetting anything?

Hmm..maybe I should handle the cutty things with teeth? Though, I'm pretty talented when it comes to stabbing myself with sharp objects.

**pulls out first aid tool box bigger than herself and digs...**

Lets see....
Telfa pads, economy sized box, ...enough wraps to make a costume for Halloween, ...goey healing stuff,...pretty silver spray,...Oh, and pretty purple spray too! Enough cotton to make a teddy bear, .... a listen to the ticker thump thump thingy,... broomsticks for make shift splints..
Am I forgetting anything?

Hmm..maybe I should handle the cutty things with teeth? Though, I'm pretty talented when it comes to stabbing myself with sharp objects.

I would say needle and thread but....the stabbing thing lol.

It was a freak accident really. My thumb got sucked into a 1" hole on a piece of equipment . That spinny thing had a quick and brutal way of saying NO. Like sticking it in a blender on high speed. I have yet to cut myself with a saw of any type.

Back
Top Bottom