starting week two on duck eggs/ question on double yoke

monster1

Songster
11 Years
Oct 4, 2008
california(unfortunately)
i started with eight eggs. a fox killed my other female last year so i have only one female now. she wasn't quite producing an egg a day so i had to wait almost 12 days to get the 8 that i have. i candled today and had one clear which i removed. i have one that seems like it may be a double yoke but still has veining. should i get rid of that one too? the others look good and right on target. last year, i got 100% hatch from the eggs from my ducks so i hope that i should get 6 out of 7. temps and humidity seem good.

thanks,
monty

Actually hatching anything from a double yolker is very rare...But really it is up to you...You may be extrememly lucky and end up with twins or maybe just a single duckling. But it may not hatch at all. Personally I would give the egg a little more time before deciding what to do with it as I am always very curious about those kind of oddities....... But the egg is in your incubator -

Good luck with the hatch what ever you decide.

thanks, i kinda thought it couldn't hurt let it continue to do its thing.
smile.png

There have been people on here who have hatched out double yolkers.. However, IF they make it to hatch, you will need to assist them since only one of them will have an air cell... You can search on Youtube.com and watch videos... Some are from our very own members... I actually got two double yolkers when i was getting ready to set my eggs but since this will only be my second hatch (first hatch I got 0%) I am not ready to take on such a task.. If I incubate after these hatch, then i will definitely try!

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom