1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

State categories for sale items possible one day ?????

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by chickenzoo, Oct 30, 2008.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

It would be really nice if one day we could have state categories to put our ads under. I keeping seeing all the great chicken deals, salivating , then finding out they are in a different state, or missing the great deals near me because I thought it was some where else. [​IMG]
    Just a thought...................... [​IMG]

2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Good idea, it would even be better if sale items were broken down into regions.

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    It would really be helpful if folks would include a descriptive title with the state abbreviation so everyone knows what they have or are looking for easily. For example:

Poor title:
    For sale: Blue chicks

Good title:
    For sale: Blue Cochin chicks PA will ship

Poor title:
    Wanted

Good title:
    Wanted: RIR hens in San Francisco, CA...local pickup

Jody

4. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Except that people need to include the entire name of the state instead of the abbreviation b/c it won't let you search for the abbreviation. At least it didn't last time I tried it.

5. horsechick

horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2007
    Eaton, Ohio
    Would be great to do the state thing, a few of us have tried to put headings like ohio here, or indiana here, texas here to get it started.
    Just doesn't catch on or stay together long enough.
    Maybe the powers that be can gt this done and see how it goes?

6. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

It's true you need more than two letters to search on. We had to do this on another forum we're on, they split the Buy/Sell/Trade forum into states, it made it much easier to navigate. It was hard to separate the active threads into states, but once done, it's worked out well. The older, already completed threads were put into their own category and locked. I know it would be tough to do, but it would be so helpful for both the buyers and the sellers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by