1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

State College PA

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickiebaby, Feb 16, 2009.

1. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Nope, I'm not there; I live in Western MA. But my in-laws now live in State College, and we are looking to find places to stay when visiting them. They are elderly and not in good health, and live in a continuing care community where we can't stay with them. Anyone know of an inexpensive, not gross-chain-hotel place, something friendly and affordable? Or anyone want company?!

It's a very long and disheartening drive for us, and it would be so much nicer if we had somewhere nice to stay when we got there instead of the miserable, corporate and yukky Best Western. Thanks in advance for your ideas.

2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    awh I wishi could help give you ideas. You might want to PM SamG (i always forget the rest of his sn). However he lives near state college area. I've been up there and it's amazingly beautiful and im sure theres those nice farm homes that rent out rooms and suchfor a few days least I wouldnt be suprised theres a lot of sight seeing up that way so I'm betting yous hould be able to find something good! [​IMG]

3. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Eh, can't really help you out, as I would never check into a hotel 20 minutes away from home, lol. But, I wish you luck, and, welcome to our area. [​IMG] I know that there are a lot of historical places to rent, but, well, they'd probably cost a fortune. Your best bet would probably be to find a bed & breakfast a little further east (maybe 20 minutes east of State College). It would be a little further drive to anywhere, but you wouldn't worry about college students.

4. chickiebaby

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Thanks, both of you. I will make sure to post this again at some higher-use hour of the day, and see if anyone has ideas. We'd be thrilled to stay on anybody's farm, for instance.

love.

5. chickiebaby

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    If you live in or near State College, I'm hoping you have an idea or two for us? Thanks, all!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by