Static Electricity...uggg

herefordlovinglady

It Is What It Is
10 Years
Jun 23, 2009
Georgia
I am so sick of getting shocked every time I get up from my chair, get out of my car, open a file cabinet, pick up my pet...this static is the worst it has ever been. I need some relief from it, any suggestions?
hu.gif

Quote:
But what do i do to get rid of the cats static? I dont think he will let me rub him with bounce and put lotion on his feet. He likes to sleep on polyester/cotton sheets and when we touch him he/us get shocked.

I hate it when my hair is acting up from the static.
barnie.gif
It sticks to my face and is so annoying! But it's only this bad in the winter, when it's the least humid and the air is so dry. I have to constantly put a little water on my hairbrush and run it through my hair and that gets rid of it, until it dries again. For some reason, water seems to get rid of static electricity lol

DH shocks my lips when he kisses me good morning...yeah I'm bout sick of that!
lol.png
We run humidifiers too! My car shocks me, the kids, the DH, even the dogs shock me
hu.gif
I use the Bounce sheets, tons of lotion, we've tried everything and still have it bad.
rant.gif
Nothing has worked, so guess I just have to live with it until the weather gets warmer. The hair static frizz....lotion your hands and run them through your hair.

Quote:
But what do i do to get rid of the cats static? I dont think he will let me rub him with bounce and put lotion on his feet. He likes to sleep on polyester/cotton sheets and when we touch him he/us get shocked.

Rub the kitty with bounce (or any dryer sheet) too. Don't forget to get the pads of his feet too. He won't like it, but it's better than rubbing him in lotion. (I use the bounce/lotion technique as well).

Static, chapped lips, dry skin... I think the answer is moving to Florida!
lol.png
No dry air in the tropical state! Any one have a farm and want to swap for one in Minnesota??

I think my little lab puppy is confused... every time I go to pet her I shock her nose!
sad.png

I take a blanket rub it on my son and we touch fingers to see how big a spark we can get! The dog hates it though! Bounce or any dryer sheets will work for a bit!

Back
Top Bottom