Stay @ Home/Work from Home Moms- Advice?

MrsKemmerlin

Songster
8 Years
Feb 14, 2011
Round O, SC
Working mom, here, desperately looking to turn SAHM/WFHM... Please share your advice & wisdom, what do you do for extra income? Any suggestions as to how you got to where you are? I'm in a little bit of a "I'm never going to get there but hate where I am" funk...
hmm.png
DH is supportive of the idea, but I don't want to sit dormant financial contribution wise and realisticallly, I don't know if we are both 100% comfortable with relying only on his income. SOOOO... I'm looking for ideas
smile.png

Working mom, here, desperately looking to turn SAHM/WFHM... Please share your advice & wisdom, what do you do for extra income? Any suggestions as to how you got to where you are? I'm in a little bit of a "I'm never going to get there but hate where I am" funk...
hmm.png
DH is supportive of the idea, but I don't want to sit dormant financial contribution wise and realisticallly, I don't know if we are both 100% comfortable with relying only on his income. SOOOO... I'm looking for ideas
smile.png

What unusual skills do you have? I was a butcher for quite awhile and I've started checking craigslist for ads for people that could use a hand at harvest time with their critters. Most of the time I go on the barter system rather than cash but if it helps support the family then that's money saved and therefor money earned. If you're creative you can sell whatever you make online. Amazon and ebay are great places for that. although remember to calculate in all the selling fees so you don't end up on the losing end.

I guilt my job of 16 years in 2001 when my youngest was 5 years old. I have 4 daughters, last two are twins. Anyways, I have no regrets! Really should have did it sooner but was concerned about finances . You could continue to work and put your income in saving, living off of your hubby's so you could see what it's like living on only one income.
Go to your kids school and check into being a sub. Teachers are always out sick and such. That way you can work only when you want/can.

What are your skills? What are your hobbies? Are you a people person? Are you skilled with a computer? Do you have art skills?

Lots of people work from home. But you need to start out with a list of everything you know how to do, an I mean everything. If picking your nose is not on that list you have not gone deep enough.

What are your skills? What are your hobbies? Are you a people person? Are you skilled with a computer? Do you have art skills?

Lots of people work from home. But you need to start out with a list of everything you know how to do, an I mean everything. If picking your nose is not on that list you have not gone deep enough.
LOL well put!

Places like Amazon and HSN have staff that take sales and customer service calls from home. My mom works for HSN, she loves it and she makes pretty good money doing it. You do have to talk to (sometimes very rude) customers on the phone for 8+ hours and usually buy your own phone and head sets. But, its a job you can do in your pjs and you can pick your nose (if you want to :p ).

Back
Top Bottom