1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Stay logged in mobile

Discussion in 'Site Problems, Issues, & Guides' started by dpenning, Jun 1, 2017.

1. dpenning

dpenning Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Blue Ridge, TX
    hi, this is a minor thing, overall I love the new place. When I log in on my mobile device I don't stay ligged in even when I check the box to do so. I haven't isolated the timeframe yet they it lets me stay logged in but it is less than half a day. Would love to stay in indefinitely.

I'm on an iPhone 6s version 10.3.x.

KikisGirls likes this.
  2. MattW

MattW Technical Admin Staff Member Premium Member

May 15, 2017
    Rotherham, UK
    On your mobile device, are you connected to Wifi or via the mobile carriers network? If your IP address changes, you will be logged out of your existing session.

Nifty-Chicken and KikisGirls like this.
  3. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Professional in training Premium Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Are you logging in on your browser on your mobile phone or the app?

4. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Professional in training Premium Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    So does this mean one would to never change locations...stay in the same spot indoor to stay logged in?

5. dpenning

dpenning Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Blue Ridge, TX
    Now I feel like I'm being watched. Your reply was here before I took a sip of my drink and went back to watched threads! LOL!!!

I live out in the sticks and have data limits so try to run on the mobile network when I can but that service stinks out here too. Thanks for the explanation tho, it makes sense!

MattW and KikisGirls like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by