Stealing

thanks...but she hated it
moved her at dark. locked her in for the night (thought I would open door in the AM) she clucked a long time..finally sat..(I went to bed) I woke up this am let her out because she was pacing and clucking (not sitting) opened the crate door..she paced in the nursery want wanted out.....so I put her in the run with the rest of the girls and moved eggs to "her" nest in the coop..she relaxed and went back to sitting?? I guess the chicks will have to hatch with the flock and I'll move them after hatch!! Should I try to put up a divider? or let things alone and hope for the best... I told momma no more eggs to hatch for her..... she doesn't play well!!
thought and ideas anyone??????

I have a hen that refused to leave the coop also, I just boarded up her nesting site until the other girls were done laying, let her out at around 3 closed her back up when I shut the cluckers in for the night...Its tedious but the other hens wouldn't leave her alone.. after the chicks hatched I did move her and them to the grow out pen for 5 days and allowed her and the chicks to fully bond...they are all now 7 days old and back within the main flock.

Back
Top Bottom