Stealth Rooster?

Once it's mature, it should be clear, it's hard to imagine a full grown rooster managing to remain under cover!
That's my fear! Browsing the other threads about similar breeds everyone seemed to be saying they should have sex identifying feathers by 16-20 weeks and now I am only confident that I have two hens. :/

That's my fear! Browsing the other threads about similar breeds everyone seemed to be saying they should have sex identifying feathers by 16-20 weeks and now I am only confident that I have two hens. :/
That's a loose time frame. Some breeds (especially more loose feathered, fluffy breeds) may have them and not show them until even later.

That's a loose time frame. Some breeds (especially more loose feathered, fluffy breeds) may have them and not show them until even later.
The breeder only keeps Buff Orpington and Blue Australorp and a single older Black Australorp rooster; crossed the Blue & Buff in a breeding project and I got to pick from her discards.
I was looking at threads about Blue Australorps.

The breeder only keeps Buff Orpington and Blue Australorp and a single older Black Australorp rooster; crossed the Blue & Buff in a breeding project and I got to pick from her discards.
I was looking at threads about Blue Australorps.
Sometimes both of those can show saddles a little later. Both those breeds are typically easy to sex by 6 weeks though.

To be sure that Nightshade is a roo: 20220817_134547.jpg
Back Saddle feathers
20220817_134556.jpg
Side Saddle Feathers
20220817_134707.jpg

Hackles

Back
Top Bottom