Stella's Social Club

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Sheriff, Jul 18, 2012.

1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    We need to see Kathy's avatar a little more often! [​IMG]

2. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    How nice their story was told.

3. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    ahem......wonder what happened here.

[​IMG]

4. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Wait until he gets a snake!

5. debs_flock

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    Kill that evil alien being!!!! [​IMG]

Mine like to occasionally get into the firewood by the woodstove at night. Yesterday morning, there was a piece of chewed oak on the dog bed in the living room. It looked like someone had run a wood chipper in the room. I had to pick up chunks of wood everywhere before I could even run the vacuum cleaner. Maybe I should put my horde to work making mulch for my flower beds.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I know what that is - some stuffed animals have the ability to explode for no reason - thus dog is implicated. You notice Tucker didn't flee the scene he was just flabbergasted, as am I

7. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    This sounds like the most reasonable explanation.

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

oh, for sure! That's it, exactly. My friend with two dogs has had stuffed animals explode like that. The boys (Sheldon and Charlie) will bring her empty stuffed animal skins to refill for them after such tragic events. (My boys have never enjoyed dog toys, I don't know why. There is one plush bunny Dooley will carry around and hide every once in awhile, but that's about it. It's the one that cockerel was standing on when he looked at himself in the vanity mirror.)

Tucker was just protecting y'all from the carnage which COULD have happened, had the stuffed animal exploded in your hands.

9. debs_flock

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    I used to have a cat named Bubba that was a dedicated hunter, but he always brought everything live into the house through the kitty door and then "played" with it until it wouldn't play anymore. I can't begin to tell you how many times I got to the bottom of the stairs and yelled up to my DS......................"Dang, Bubba exploded another blue jay in the house!"

[​IMG]

You could tell how much "play" the jay had in it by the feather pattern on the floor. I think the CSI crew still has study charts.

10. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Well I know Tucker didn't do it because I asked him.

Last edited: May 31, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by