Stella's Social Club

Well I can't top Deb and I won't even try but...Concord Foods saw my crumble recipe and muffin mix review and they added my blog to their "Blogs We Like" list and have asked me to write more reviews and recipes using their products! They have also offered products for giveaways. In the food blogging world it is small potatoes, but to me, it is huge!
wee.gif
That is awesome, congrats!

I'm just sitting here right now, drinking coffee and contemplating another day on my feet in the kitchen. I have about 15 more things to get finished that can be done in advance of the last minute baking. Including having to redo the loaf of buttermilk bread I made yesterday afternoon. I let it over rise in the second proof (I was outside drinking a martini and playing with the goslings/ducklings). Mentally I was done for the day and not paying attention. Once it went over, it just couldn't support itself during baking and fell in the middle. It made great chicken sandwiches for dinner as soon as it got cool enough to slice, but it would have been an embarrassment on the judging table.

This is the photo I have entered (still need to get it mounted). It really isn't anything special when it comes to setting (that's my hand clamped around the duckling), but I LOVED it's little face. I have it enlarged to a 16x20 and it is still crystal clear, you can see each individual little eyelash
love.gif
I doubt it will do anything, our photography classes are big here, usually 100+ in a class, but I have won classes before ...............
roll.png
Even an "honorable mention" is good with that size class (they only place the top three).

Oh how sweet is that little duckling?
love.gif

Good luck Deb! You could have removed your hand in Photoshop were it not for all the little feathers! Darn ducks anyway!

Last edited:
This is the photo I have entered (still need to get it mounted). It really isn't anything special when it comes to setting (that's my hand clamped around the duckling), but I LOVED it's little face. I have it enlarged to a 16x20 and it is still crystal clear, you can see each individual little eyelash
love.gif
I doubt it will do anything, our photography classes are big here, usually 100+ in a class, but I have won classes before ...............
roll.png
Even an "honorable mention" is good with that size class (they only place the top three).

That duckling is way to cute!
Well I can't top Deb and I won't even try but...Concord Foods saw my crumble recipe and muffin mix review and they added my blog to their "Blogs We Like" list and have asked me to write more reviews and recipes using their products! They have also offered products for giveaways. In the food blogging world it is small potatoes, but to me, it is huge!
wee.gif
That's wonderful, congratulations!

Oh how sweet is that little duckling?
love.gif

Good luck Deb! You could have removed your hand in Photoshop were it not for all the little feathers! Darn ducks anyway!

I have the photo entered in a division that only allows cropping and dodging during the print, no photoshop fixes. There is a division that allows manipulation.

Believe me, I had an iron grip on that duck.................they are FAST!

Deb, do you enter in the State Fair or locally? I noticed the Bee has an article about baking and the State fair.

I enter the county fair, El Dorado and sometimes I enter Amador. I used to enter the State Fair when my son was showing animals there. The baking entries at State fair are brought in each day for that day's judging. They have to be there early in the morning, so all cars are back off the grounds well before it opens to the public. It was no big deal when I had to be there by 7am each day anyway, but now it's a long drive to turn in an entry. Of course now that I'm an old retired lady, I have more free time, LOL

I saw the article in the Bee, I even clipped it out, but I don't think it falls during the days I'm going to be working the fair this year. I'll have to look at the rules. I've entered those before, I think they require original recipes, so it does take some work and testing in advance.

Most of yesterday's hatch, (so far) - 34 golden campine, 2 OE (BCM x araucana), 1 lakenvelder & 3 serama. A few chicks are still drying in the incubator, a few eggs are still pipped (they were due today).

Why do I keep singing - "one of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong"?

I was a little behind in hatching this year's show string of campines, I guess I'll be showing lots of pullets/cockerels, LOL

wee.gif
WOW that is fantastic, you have certainly earned it with all your hard work cooking and practice, practice, practice on the photography!

love.gif
roll.png

ADORABLE! You will get a lot of Ahhhhhs! from fair goers at least!

Happy Chooks, streptocarpus are members of the gesneriad family which includes African Violets, etc. But doesn't look like them. Streps generally have long, straplike leaves and are more vertical(great subject for Mary's photo class) whereas Av's are horizontal and grow in circular shape. Streps can also be scented, double flowered, variegated and early mini projects sare starting to pay off.
I have several coops (light stands) loaded with both variegated plants and green leafed.

Back
Top Bottom