Stella's Social Club

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Sheriff, Jul 18, 2012.

1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    You both don't know what's good! The "sprouts" are sunflower greens and the mushrooms are just plain yummy.

2. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Oh, I might like sunflower greens!

3. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Here's one for you Diva. Sorry Kathy you are out of luck!

[​IMG]

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

When I was a kid I used to like mushrooms. Actually loved to go mushroom hunting, too! FUN!
    THEN - my father told me that mushrooms were a fungus. I know - mind over matter.... ICK, I can not put a piece of fungus in my mouth.

5. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    I like the pic with sprouts better. I will also take all your sprouts and mushrooms, as long as I don't have to have raw onions :p

6. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    Okay, I'm good with the sprouts (or at least okay with), I like the mushrooms, but could you change out the swiss for jack or Havarti? Or should I just pretend since it's white anyway?

And take those nasty red things away. I like tomatoes (home grown anyway), but only in salad or sliced with a bit of dressing. Not on any food. They just make things soggy, ick.

Now that we've all picked apart the hamburger.................the photo was great and it looked delicious. [​IMG]

7. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I don't like cheese on my burgers either. Well, I will eat it if I have to, but prefer not. Tomatoes are mandatory though. [​IMG]

Raw onions are a MUST on burgers! Lots of them!

8. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Thanks! The shot with the sprouts was accepted on foodgawker and tastespotting! The other one was inadvertent. I forgot the sprouts until I git part way through the photo shoot.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Okay, thank you for revised Hamburger Mary - I don't care for tomatoes either (they have that clear yuk with seeds in it) but you have it on the side, so I can ignore it and eat the burger.

By the way excellent vertical hamburger - I can almost smell it. Oh No raw onions either. Mary I think you should have just made cake or candy or brownies, easier to please everyone and you

could stack them for verticality!! There must be such a word, spell check ignored that.

10. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Wow so many people so many burger opinions. No cheese Kathy? WTH? Michael doesn't like cheese on his either except for mushroom Swiss.
    I read a recipe for the best burger in the world the other day. The guy swears by ground beef, lots of salt and a bun. Period. What do you think?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by