Stella's Social Club

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Sheriff, Jul 18, 2012.

1. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Probably a very good burger, Mary - in the olden days from whence I came, burgers were burgers and you plopped ketsup on them and thought you were in heaven. When we finally got a car (I was 12 and so was the car) we found our first drive- in- hamburger joint, it was called Henry's and it was15 cents for a burger and 20 cents for a milk shake. Then we found good stuff like Dog & Suds drive in, A & W, wow, they kept getting better. I never cared for the squares from White castle, they tasted like onion burgers held together by a little meat.

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Yes! That is how I like it, too! PLAIN JANE - that's me with food.

3. Hangtown Farms

Hangtown Farms Overrun With Chickens

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA
    I got a crushed box today but thanks to Jerry' Seglers packing the
    silver ameraucana eggs I got where all in great shape.

I am firing up the r-com

4. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    I'll have mine without the sprouts (it's a burger, not a salad). I would say not the best on the ground beef, lots of salt and a bun. Best burger I ever had was at Port of Call, New Orleans, LA, but the memory might be a bit fuzzy.

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Me too. Unless they are shiitake or portobello mushrooms. I'm an expensive mushroom gal.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  6. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    The eggs under my Icelandic broody are hatching. She's hatched out a blue olive egger and another olive egger is hatching now. (Think its a splash). Welsummer eggs are peeping.

7. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    I have never had a White Castle burger. Y'all need to expand your burger horizons! [​IMG]

We just finished eating dinner of grilled chicken thighs, steamed rice, and asparagus. The sauce was the bomb! Michael loved it and even guessed it had apricot in it! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Michael has been working on a few small raised beds for me to grow some vegetables. He finished the third one today and I got busy planting. He will make one more on the other side of the fence. It isn't much space but I can't really stoop over long enough to truly garden anymore. I'll be happy with what I have.

[​IMG]

8. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    [​IMG]Yay for new chicks!

Best burger - 85% ground beef, must be grilled slow, mild raw onion slice, thin slice of home grown tomato, one crispy piece of lettuce (not chopped up stuff!) that is close to the size of the burger, and a little mustard all on a quality bun. [​IMG]
    I like mushroom swiss burgers.......hold any green stuff and use some grilled onions instead.....

9. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    That's exciting Kelly! Lukka still has one live baby. I hope it makes it. She'll go right back to being broody if it doesn't. I'll be firing up my incubator later tonight with Icelandic's and Isbars.

10. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    Woot! I got a photo to post! Here are the two "penguin/harlequin" chicks from Forsaela X Falki......

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by