Stella's Social Club

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Sheriff, Jul 18, 2012.

1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Yikes Kelly! I took Tucker for a walk just before midnight and we were up the road quite a ways from the house. All of a sudden from the wooded area came strange animal sounds. I whipped Tuck's little head around and we headed back to the house! Probably just deer but it was eerie. Hope the coons saw Shadow and decided to pick on someone their own size!

Congrats on the new babies. I have a broody in the project coop. She has two eggs. I need to mark them today. She is the same one wgo just hatched the three babies and two disappeared and the other one I took away from her.

2. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA

3. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Cute chicken helper! What a head of hair that girl has. Love the green grass. We are already in the phase where it has to be watered to stay green. We won't see green now until the Fall.

I planted tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, chard, a sugar baby watermelon, a cantaloupe, zucchini, and assorted herbs.

4. debs_flock

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    Loved the raised boxes, but I don't know how you get away with it. When I plant anything not inside an 8 foot fence, I'm basically just planting deer food.

(And I too was looking at the green grass and being jealous. The only ones that get to range on green grass here are the goslings/ducklings and that's only because I take them for a walk on it each evening so they can graze.)

5. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    We are very blessed to have such a wonderful place,,,,for ourselves......and the chickens [​IMG].....we don't have to water but the mowing takes lots time....

Deb, You mentioned red in the wing bow on the Icee thread as something you like in your cockerels. The FxF harlequin/penguin cockerel is starting to show some...just a touch on each side........(Asta X Audun cockerel in the background).....
    [​IMG]

6. debs_flock

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    I'm anxious to see how he matures. Now that pictures are working again (apparently), I'll see if I can take a picture to show you my exchequer leghorn chicks. And my new Icelandic cockerel.

7. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    Yes, pictures, please!! [​IMG]

8. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    I hope they stay away!
    What a wonderful and relaxing photo.
    [​IMG]Broodies.

9. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Please! I love the looks of them, but have not obtained any because I hear they are so flighty. I'll be interested to hear about them from you. I can stick a couple of girls in my welsummer flock.

10. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Pictures were taken from my phone, so they are not the greatest.

Dusty and her 2 babies:
    [​IMG]

My Icelandic hen and her 4 babies. The OE that looked blue last night now looks black. Ah well.
    [​IMG]

This one shows the chicks better, but my hen is blurry.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by