Stella's Social Club

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Sheriff, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Hangtown Farms

Hangtown Farms Overrun With Chickens

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA
    A good shotgun works wonders [​IMG]

2. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    I still can't upload photos [​IMG]

3. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Having three extra chicks that hatched out in the incubator, I thought I would see if one of my broodies would take them. When I came into the coop with the madly peeping box, the most stubborn - and friendliest - of the girls erupted out of her nest box with feathers standing on end, raced around the coop squawking, then tore out the pop door. Well that didn't look too promising! However, in less than a minute she was back with my nosey speckled Sussex hen, feathers all still spiked out, cluck-clucking and trying to see in the box. Then she jumped back up into the nest box, and when offered the chicks her eyes got big and she poofed herself out over the top of them. Good girl!

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Went for my very last trip to the feed store today. Kinda sad.

I noticed they had a "small coop"... it would probably fit two of my birds for $450. It would fit in my new yard but I could never have just two!

We'll have the house finished painted tomorrow.

Two more estimates should come in on the awnings for our east and west side windows tomorrow.

Then we need to re floor the family room, the boys room and put blinds in both of those rooms. Then I've got to find someone who can fix the wiring for all of the phone jacks for the house. We only have one that works out of 6.
    DW wants to change the lighting in the kitchen.

The son of a friend of mine who lives in St. David is coming to pick up a few of my layers to take to his father for "Father's Day".
    I owe him big, my friend has a pecan orchard and always brings me bags of shelled pecans.

Boston should be here next weekend to remove my two large grow out pens and take the chicks and birds in it back to Heber with him.

I'll be down to about 10 layers then.

Well, I'm heading out into the 109 heat to grill some burgers for dinner.

You guys will continue to make me jealous for the rest of my lives, but I'll live vicariously through you.

5. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    This is too sad Dar! get the little coop!

6. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    X2 (it would probably hold 4-6 bantams)

7. Hangtown Farms

Hangtown Farms Overrun With Chickens

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA
    get the coop or check craigslist for a cheaper one. you need some chickens

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    1Mutts Fan your take on the broody girls and a box of peeping chicks was hysterical, I've read it three times in rapid succession and still laughing. OOOH , I wish you had it on video. It sounds like that hen was possessed. You are quite the writer - more, more, more

9. BlueWater29

BlueWater29 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Dar, Two chickens is better then no chickens.

10. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    Get seramas, Dar...then you can have more! When mine hatch off and start laying again I could send you some to hatch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by