Stella's Social Club

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Sheriff, Jul 18, 2012.

1. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    No, the sender just didn't let me know they had shipped.

They are from Rene (ChooksChicks - is that her username?). They were a prize from a photo contest for an action shot. I posted a tiny gander, less than a week old. He was standing on tiptoes and flapping his one inch long wings. I'd post the picture here..................................but I CAN'T! [​IMG]

The eggs I chose for my prize......................lemon cuckoo orpington........................yet another variety of opr, [​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Deb, two of my Easter chicks are Lemon Cuckoo, and I have a pullet AND a cockerel! I so want to keep that cockerel.... But I have never segregated for breeding, ever.

3. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Tucker beatin' the heat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Geez Mary, Tucker has everything else - why doesn't he have a personal doggy masseuse?

5. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Well Diva, he would have to get out of our laps for that. Wouldn't work. He is making up for two years of neglect and abuse.

Swimming is so tiring.

[​IMG]

6. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Mary, I'm afraid you have become one of "those" dog owners. Next thing you know, tucker will have a Halloween costume. If you buy a dog stroller, I will have to smack you.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I think Tucker is always all tuckered out because Mary is "one of those moms," who overschedule their children - you know soccer, swimming, t-ball, karate. Poor Tucker has no time to chew bones, rip stuffing out of any more toys, or bark endlessly for hours on end like the neighborhood dogs.

8. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Note to self: Return Dog Stroller.

9. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    [​IMG]

10. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

The O'Brien Hair Dryer Technique saves another chick! [​IMG]

It rained here today - it POURED for about an hour. Some of my chicks are too stupid to take cover. I thought I had 2 dead ones..... but was able to revive one. He is now in the incubator keeping warm for the night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Won't he be surprised if chicks start falling down on him? I have about 10 eggs (White Rocks) due to hatch tomorrow. They are just above him.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by