Stella's Social Club

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Sheriff, Jul 18, 2012.

1. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you 1 Peter 5:7

And so do we

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Kathy - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

3. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Molly - How are the kittens doing? My mind is contemplating.....................

4. chiqita

chiqita Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2011
    San Jose, Ca
    Kathy I too don't know what to say and am praying for you and all your family.

5. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Just checked back in to see if Kathy posted an update. [​IMG]

I have been busy outside most of the day cleaning the little yellow house and all the crap that has cumulated on the deck. It was looking pretty bad. We are hosting a going away party for grandson Cameron who will be moving to Utah on Sunday to live with Michael's ex-wife. He has stabilized and earned his way out of the boy's home.

I am doing a luau style dinner with char sui chicken, huli huli chicken, kalua pork, ono macaroni salad, and steamed rice. I'll have a lot of it ready to go by this evening so it should be pretty easy tomorrow. I wrapped the pork shoulders in banana leaves after injecting them with a little liquid smoke. I am going to cook them low and slow in the oven and finish them in the smoker. Michael will grill the chicken which will marinate overnight. The macaroni salad is almost done and the rice cooker will take care of the rice for me tomorrow.

I ordered a cake with a Tron theme, whatever that is. It looked like something Cameron would like anyway.

Gotta go out now and plant the last of my vegetables.

6. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    What time is dinner? [​IMG]

7. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Who knows? Everyone is always late. Drives me nuts! Rumor has it #:30 is time to eat but some are coming early. We'll see.

The pork shoulders are all wrapped up in banana leaves and ready to go. The chicken is marinating and the macaroni salad is almost done.

[​IMG]

8. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    YUM! I want Mary to cater my birthday party. Or any party for that matter. I gotta plan a party.

You don't know Tron Mary? The original movie goes back to the 80's. It has Jeff Bridges in it. The newest one came out a year or so ago.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  9. BlueWater29

BlueWater29 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Sounding good!
    X2
    Looking good!

10. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Never heard of Tron. It was just the only thing that didn't look too babyish. Marble cake, custard filling and buttercream icing? He'll love it!

Sorry I missed your call this afternoon. Been outside most of the day. Finally finished planting! You'd think I have a huge garden instead of the 64 square feet I have! My back doesn't bend well so planting has been difficult. The rest will be a piece of cake. Michael is putting in an automatic watering system. I really love the beds and think they look good in the yard. He has some minor finishing touches, then I'll post new pics. Right now I need a shower! Not as bad as Dar is going to need one the day he moves in 115 degree heat! [​IMG]

Love ya' Kathy. You are never far from my thoughts. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by