Stella's Social Club

kathy do you mean me
hide.gif
I've never been "sweetie" before

Hatch update..

These 2 recessive white chicks came form Mary's cream legbars (white roo over split hen) from last year. Could anyone confirm sex on them please?
BTW I love my Brinsea 190
love.gif

Hatch update..

These 2 recessive white chicks came form Mary's cream legbars (white roo over split hen) from last year. Could anyone confirm sex on them please?
love.gif

hope Molly chimes in. she knows the white ones well.
Okay, here's the new toy..........

First the 80# box arrived. You can see the old setup, along with the brooder where the chicks spend their first week so I can watch them.

Got it set up!

A peek at the top shelf, you can't see it actually holds 7 rows of eggs.

I've already got all three shelves filled, with a half tray of overflow in the bottom that need hand turning.................(but one whole shelf locks down this next week).
hide.gif
very nice Deb. how does this one compare to the Dickey or R-com cabinet incubator's?
And there's no rule against running it with one egg in it, right?
wink.png
good luck with that
gig.gif

Last edited:
I am GREEN with envy!

Congrats!!! I can't even imagine how much that cost!!!,...well, yeah, I can, but without roos, there is no use for one of those for me now.

There are LOTS of roosters in the world and people with access to the post office
tongue.png

Quote:
This would be the worst, I hate doing my chores when it's rainy/windy.

Hatch update..

love.gif

I'd probably guess two boys. The girls seem to have a more distinct chipmunk pattern. I just hatched four more whites a few days ago. I kept my original pair of whites that I hatched.

Girl on the left, boy on the right.

very nice Deb. how does this one compare to the Dickey or R-com cabinet incubator's?

I read reviews and features until my eyes glazed over and settled between the Brinsea cabinet and the R-com. The Dickey and the Sportsman didn't have the features I was looking for. By the time I got the R-Com and Brinsea the way I wanted them including shipping, the prices were within $50 of each other. Of course I found people that hated or loved them both. Finally the deciding factor for me, was the Brinsea sells replacement parts. The R-Com says for every problem, ship it back and they'll fix it. That is quite a major endeavor.

Then after looking at the 190, by the time you are spending $1,000, when it's only another $250 to double the capacity, it just seemed wiser (knowing my OCD). When I bought the first Genesis I reveled in the 42 egg capacity....................and then I bought the second.....................and then the third.

Quote:
No, their markings are still pretty clear. The British cull them because they are not Cream Legbars. I would see them as a color variety within the breed, perhaps White Legbars. It's not different than people culling/selling any color that don't want to work with, such as splashes produced from their blue stock.

Back
Top Bottom