Step-by-Step Tube Feeding Guide - Pictures - Under construction

Roughly 18-19 weeks. And he’s a Sebright so definitely on the smaller side
And here’s his latest poo, in case you need/want to see it lol. It’s a bit on the firmer side now I think, and still a bit greenish.
45D7234A-7FB8-4793-8D4A-FF72F8009FA6.jpeg

Well, Yes and no. I keep forgetting to weigh him BEFORE I tube for the first time each day, so my numbers aren’t exact. I don’t know what he was before he got sick, but Saturday morning he was 669g, and that WAS with an empty crop in the morning. Today he was ~686g (I forgot to weigh before first feed of the day- he was 706 after a 20mL feed. When I weighed 20mL of feed it was also 20g so I just subtracted that but I’m pretty sure that’s not a 100% accurate method lol. I didn’t even think about it- how much SHOULD he be gaining per day?? I’ve just been trucking along, feeding him 20mL 3-4x a day, and tubing extra fluids every couple hours in between, since he wasn’t drinking well.
Does he feel thin?

Hmm after feeling really carefully I’d say he’s probably at a 1 still 🙁
Looking only though, he LOOKS like a 3- he has “cleavage” hahaha . And though he’s been nibbling all afternoon, his crop was almost empty so I topped him off before putting him up for the night. Leaving dry crumbles in with him so he can eat and drink as much as he wants/is able. But being so thin I think I’m gonna keep tubing until he really seems to be eating well on his own. He’s certainly trying though!

I did mean to ask though- is there a certain daily weight gain goal when they’re sick like this? Like he should gain x% of his weight back each day, or even just a fixed amount per day, or anything like that? Or just as long as he’s gaining and not stagnant or losing weight?

Back
Top Bottom