Stephen King's Reading Corner

. I can’t read his new stuff. It’s painful to see HIS pain & anger dumped onto the paper that way.
And that's exactly how I feel about his new stuff. Especially about Tommyknockers, when he admits (or pretends?) not to remember writing the book due to being under the influence of drugs...:he

However I am going to read Sleeping beauty.

OMG, Salem's Lot...what a story! Loved it but lost my copy. :(

I actually enjoyed Tommyknockers, especially the 2nd time around.

I actually enjoyed Tommyknockers, especially the 2nd time around.
Mmh, might give it a shot then.
I have The Black House laying around here and am not too excited about starting it because I wasn't too crazy about The Talisman...Maybe I should wait until I feel ready.
Right now I'm reading The Green Mile and obviously enjoying it! :D

The Shining ruined me as a kid in the early 80s.

Red rum. Red Rum. RED RUM!!!

Said like the Aflac duck.

The Aflac duck ruined me, too. I was living in Japan and was asked to sit at a banker's desk while he walked away for a moment. For whatever reason he had a stuffed Aflac duck on the desk, and the danged duck had a button that said "Push, you dumb ass!" in Japanese, and so I did.

Japanese banks are totally quiet, by the way, worse than a library.

And the duck screamed: "Aflac. AFLAC. AFLAC!!!!!!!!!!!"

I don't think I ever went back to that branch again.

The Aflac duck ruined me, too. I was living in Japan and was asked to sit at a banker's desk while he walked away for a moment. For whatever reason he had a stuffed Aflac duck on the desk, and the danged duck had a button that said "Push, you dumb ass!" in Japanese, and so I did.

I’M DYING HERE!!!

:lau
Why do I think King himself would be amused by that? ;)

Mmh, might give it a shot then.
I have The Black House laying around here and am not too excited about starting it because I wasn't too crazy about The Talisman...Maybe I should wait until I feel ready.
Right now I'm reading The Green Mile and obviously enjoying it! :D

Mmmm... LOVEDLOVEDLOVED “The Green Mile”! I’ve read it several times. That movie is also good.
“The Talisman” & “Black House” we’re both decent in my opinion. I think I liked “Black House” just a wee bit better.
“The Girl Who Loves Tom Gordon” is also at the top of my list, along with “Cycle of the Werewolf.” The graphic novel of “Werewolf” is pretty awesome.

Carlene

Here's a true S.K. story...

My cousin and her DD were on vacation in King's area. They only had 1 open night to decide whether to check out King's home (where the creepy gate is) or go to a movie. Being big fans, they went by the house. Later, they found out King himself went to the movie they had discussed going to. :lol:

Here's a true S.K. story...

My cousin and her DD were on vacation in King's area. They only had 1 open night to decide whether to check out King's home (where the creepy gate is) or go to a movie. Being big fans, they went by the house. Later, they found out King himself went to the movie they had discussed going to. :lol:
:barnie:barnie

Back
Top Bottom