Stepping towards the farming dream!

SophieLain127

Songster
10 Years
Apr 7, 2009
So I found the perfect property it is 40 acres for $90,000. Has a 1900 3 bedroom house with one bath. I filled out the loan application today. I should hear back from them on Monday. "Fingers Crossed"
smile.png
wee.gif

Where the heck are you at? Our housing market has been gridlocked for over two years now, and has completely tanked since the elections... and STILL 40 acres with a farm house would be listed at 250k. Stupid upstate NY.

What a find! You get that dream! Just get it.

Go you.

Ohio is where I'm located. however I found this property off of Craigslist. It is a grandson and and father selling it for their grandfather. Try craigslist you'd be surprised.

Some places still are high for country property, over by my parents there is a hobby farm for over $400,000.
However, we have been looking too and I have found a lot of good properties, just have to unload this one first.
Good luck and I hope you get it!
smile.png

Quote:
Good Luck
fl.gif

Yeah, around here is is so hard to find anything under 500+ acres, when you do it is high.

Sounds like a dream come true. Congratulations.

Work on strengthening your marriage - you'll need it to tackle that 1900 era home.
smile.png
My DH and I bought an old plantation home (1908) last year and even though it had been updated in the 70s it is sooooooo different from the state-of-the-art energy efficient home we left. For example, total electric bill there for 7,500 sq. ft, leaving every light burning and all 3 units running (avg. $200 or less). Total bill here every month that first winter, including electric and propane - $2,000 and the old house was still freezing. I don't think it ever got above 40 degrees in the kitchen that winter and sometimes things would be frozen in there. This year we added a pellet stove fireplace insert to the main room we use and before next winter we are buying an old fashioned wood burning cook stove to put on the sun porch since that's the room we use most and it freezes.

Have fun discovering all the "quirks" about an old home. Another example, this one came with thousands of bats and lots of nights one will decide to come inside the house, usually our bedroom. They are federally protected so I won't say any more.

Back
Top Bottom